|macOS Sonoma||Operating system||app||12.11 GB|
|UTM||Virtual Machine Software||app or dmg||233 MB|
macOS Sonoma is the latest operating system released by Apple Inc. It comes with a range of new features and improvements, making it an exciting upgrade for Mac users. In this article, we will guide you on how to install macOS Sonoma on UTM in Mac.
Before proceeding with the installation of macOS Sonoma on UTM, make sure you have the following:
- A fast and reliable internet connection: It is required to download the macOS Sonoma from App store. Also, you will need to download UTM Virtual Machine from their website too.
- Sufficient storage space on your computer or external drive: At least 12 GB of Storage is required for the macOS that are downloaded from App store. Aside from that, you will need another 20GB storage for installation of macOS Sonoma on Virtual Machine. It is better to have at least 50 GB free storage for a smooth performance.
- A Mac computer running macOS Monterey or later: A host mac computer is required in order to install the virtual machine and test the OS.
- Download a copy of the macOS Sonoma installer from the App Store
- UTM installed on your Mac: You will have to download and install UTM on your system.
Step 1: Download the macOS Sonoma Installer
To install macOS Sonoma on UTM, you will need to download the macOS Sonoma installer from the App Store. Here’s how:
- Open the App Store on your Mac.
- Search for “macOS Sonoma” in the search bar.
- Click on “Get” to download the installer.
Step 2: Create a New Virtual Machine in UTM
Once you have downloaded the macOS Sonoma installer, you can create a new virtual machine in UTM:
- Open UTM on your Mac.
- Click on “Create New Virtual Machine.”
- Choose “MacOS” as the operating system.
- Select “Install from Disk Image” and browse for the downloaded macOS Sonoma installer.
- Click Create.
Step 3: Configure Virtual Machine Settings
After creating a new virtual machine, you can configure its settings:
- Select the newly created virtual machine from the list of available machines.
- Click on “Settings.”
- Configure settings such as memory, CPU, and storage according to your requirements.
Step 4: Install macOS Sonoma
After configuring virtual machine settings, you can proceed with installing macOS Sonoma:
- Start the virtual machine by clicking on “Start.”
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install macOS Sonoma.
In this article, we provided a step-by-step guide on how to install macOS Sonoma on UTM in Mac using a Mac computer running macOS Monterey or later.